Thursday, January 24, 2013

Topic of Discussion: Bean Boots

I remember back in 2006 when I was 10 years old, my mom bought my sister a pair of tweed and rabbit fur lined duck boots for Christmas. I oohed and aahed over them for years and continuously bothered her about when she was going to hand them down to me. I don't know if she still has them but I'm definitely still dreaming about them. They were made by J. Crew and they were absolutely beautiful. If you don't know what duck boots are, here's a pretty basic example: the original, L.L. Bean duck boots

 
I'm a big fan of the rugged, outdoorsy look and these boots are the epitome of rugged and outdoorsy. Lately I've seen some bloggers style these and I love the newfound interest everyone has in them. The pair my sister had were black and white tweed and the rain boot part was army green. They were also lined with light grey rabbit fur which gave them a luxurious feel and made them that much more swoon worthy.
 
I've been eyeing a pair from the Sperry website for a while now. They are pretty much giving them away for the $69.99 sale price.
 
 
They're nice, right? I think this is the only time when I would be 100% okay with looking like a lumberjack. They're fleece lined so they're extra warm as well.
 
This is the first picture I saw of a blogger wearing a pair of duck boots.
 
 
She looks so cozy!
 
 
Look, there's even duck boots on the runway!
 

 
 
 
 
They may seem kind of challenging to style, but seriously just throw on something that makes you feel like you live in a log cabin and you're good to go.
 
xx Lucy
 
Photos courtesy of: llbean.com, sperrytopsider.com, theberry.com, Tommy Hilfiger, scoutnetworkblog.com, kieljamespatrick.tumblr.com, shutupilovethat.blogspot.com, refinery29.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts